BIM Deutschland is the national centre for the digitalisation of the civil engineering industry. It is the federal government's central public contact for information and activities relating to Building Information Modelling (BIM). Schüßler-Plan is one of 18 consortium partners under the leadership of planen-bauen 4.0 GmbH commissioned with the planning and implementation of the "BIM Deutschland" National Centre for Digitalisation in Civil Engineering.
The centre is operated jointly by the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) and the Federal Ministry of the Interior, for Construction and Home Affairs (BMI). The aim is to devise a uniform and coordinated approach to the BIM method in infrastructure and building construction. Experts from all areas of construction work together under the umbrella of BIM Deutschland. They are setting up a BIM portal and developing coordinated standards and working aids, training and further training concepts, a strategy for the use of BIM in the operation of structures and a federal BIM strategy for the period after 2020.
The project is divided into the following work packages:
- WP 1 Set up and operate the BIM competence centre.
- WP 2 Coordinate BIM activities, strategy concept, standardisation strategy, recommended actions, dialogue forum.
- WP 3 Inform, communicate and advise, basic and further training, coordinate BIM clusters, international cooperation, advising commissioning agencies, public relations and dialogue platform.
- WP 4 BIM portal, classification and feature systems and databases, AIA database, BIM objects, testing tools, updating body.
- WP 5 BIM in the operation phase.
- AP 6 Strategy 2020+
The other partners are: adesso AG, AEC3 Deutschland GmbH, CORE Digital Engineering GmbH, embeteco GmbH & Co. KG, eTASK Immobilien Software GmbH, HOCHTIEF ViCon GmbH, Implenia AG, interactive instruments Gesellschaft für Software-Entwicklung mbH, Kapellmann und Partner Rechtsanwälte mbB, LoeschHundLiepold Kommunikation GmbH, OBERMEYER Planen + Beraten GmbH, RKW Architektur +, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, STRABAG AG, Technische Universität München, VIA IMC GmbH, WTM Engineers GmbH.